Z CAM E2-M4 Professional 4K Cinema Camera (Micro Four Thirds)
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
- The Z CAM E2-M4 Professional 4K Cinema Camera features an interchangeable Micro Four Thirds lens mount, a Flagship Series housing, and like all Z CAM E2s with the latest update, the ability to record ProRes RAW using select Atomos recorder/monitors. This compact camera records DCI and UHD 4K at up to 160 fps, as well as HD up to 240 fps, and records to a CFast 2.0 card (not included). A future update will enable the E2-M4 to will support RTMP, RTPS, and SRT live streaming directly from the camera without requiring a computer. The camera features a 4/3" sensor with 10/12-bit color support and nominal 13 stops of dynamic range with 16 stops when set to WDR. The camera supports recording in ProRes 422 in 10-bit, as well as H.265 and H.264 codecs for efficient compressing of your image.
The E2-M4 can be controlled via serial ports, a 2.5mm LANC connector, a USB Type-C port, an Ethernet port, or by the Z Camera iOS app to control the camera via Wi-Fi and to view a live image preview and to configure settings. The camera can record time-lapse, slow motion, and can even live stream via its Gigabit Ethernet port. Power the E2-M4 camera from a separately available L-series battery or AC adapter.
Will support 12-bit ProRes RAW recording over HDMI when used with select Atomos recorder/monitors.
Interchangeable Micro Four Thirds Mount
The included MFT mount can be swapped out for separately available ARRI PL or Leica M lens mounts, giving you access to a wide array of lenses.
Direct Streaming from Camera
Will support RTMP, RTPS, and SRT live streaming directly from the camera without requiring a computer.
4K Capture and Recording
- Records DCI/UHD 4K up to 160 fps or 1080p up to 240 fps, to the limit of your recording media's capacity
- Triple native ISO 80/160/800
- 13 stops of dynamic range using ZLog, and 16 stops of dynamic range in WDR mode
- Built-in multi-frame noise reduction technology to produce clean footage
- H.265 (10-bit color) internal recording on CFast 2.0 card
- 10-bit ProRes recording in 422 HQ, 422, 422 LT, and 422 Proxy is supported
- Video output through HDMI 2.0 is supported (up to DCI 4K at 60 fps, 10-bit color, YUV 422)
- Full metal housing for efficient heat dissipation
Interfaces and Expandability
- USB Type-C port for live view and control via iOS device with Z Camera app installed
- The USB Type-C port can also be used for external SSD recording
- Ethernet port for live view, control, and file transfer to browser or computer running Z CAM software
- HTTP API and SDK are also available
- COM (RS232) port supports UART protocol
- LANC port for remote control including power on/off
Z Camera is a mobile application for camera live preview and control through Wi-Fi/USB cable connection. It allows you to start/stop recording and adjust the camera settings remotely, and also has advanced features on-camera live preview. It can be downloaded from the Apple App Store.
- Made from aluminum for strength and heat dissipation
- Nine threaded mounting holes around the outside chassis
- Sensor plane marking for accurate distance measurements
- Powers from separately available AC/DC adapter or L-series batteries
- Active, interchangeable MFT mount